Akerselva River Kayak Tour, Oslo
- Duration: 90 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Oslo, Nedre Foss Gård
- Product code: Akerselva-Tour
The Famous Mad Goat Akerselva River Kayak Tour is a one-of-a-kind kayaking experience through the heart of Oslo. This kayak tour takes you through the leafy-green Grünerløkka district, under historic bridges, through a 500m-long tunnel that runs underneath the city centre, before passing the new Munch Museum, and out into the beautiful Oslo Fjord - where you can view the Oslo Opera House from the seat of your kayak. Having taken 1000s of people on this kayaking adventure, and seeing their happy smiling faces, we know this to be the most unique and fun way to explore Oslo!
- The kayak tour lasts 90 minutes.
- All kayak gear is provided – kayak, life vest, paddle, and helmet.
- Wear weather-appropriate clothing (such as waterproof jacket and pants if it’s raining, swimwear if it’s hot and sunny) and you may want to bring a towel and a change of clothes just incase.
- Suitable for all ages and abilities from 10 years and upwards. No previous kayaking experience is required.
- The starting point is at Nedre Foss Park, only an 11-minute ride on public transport or a 20-minute walk from Oslo Central Station.
- You can leave your belongings in our vehicle, which will be waiting for you where the kayak tour ends at Sukkerbiten in Bjørvika, close to the Oslo Opera House).
- Want to warm up after paddling? Check our floating sauna in Tjuvholmen
- Due to adverse weather conditions we reserve the right to alter the tour.
- If river flow exceeds 15m3, we will for safety reasons, run the alternative Urban Kayak Tour.
- This will happen in extreme conditions beyond our control and all participants will be notified 24 hours prior to the advertised start time.