River Kayaking - Foundation Course - 2 x Days - Hønefoss
- Duration: 2 Days (approx.)
- Location: Hønefoss, Hønefoss
- Product code: Grunnkurs_elv_h
River kayaking requires a different skillset to that of sea kayaking, and on this course you will learn:
– How to navigate a class 2 river
– Safety routines on the river
– Theory on river currents; hydrology
Are you someone with no previous kayaking experience? Not a problem!
We can also help you get better acquainted with the kayak and the equipment. You will get to do some practical exercises that teach you how to use the kayak, paddle, spray deck and life vest.
After the course you will have earned yourself a Våttkort, certified by the NPF. You will then be able to carry out safety procedures and kayak manoeuvres on a river.
- Includes NPF våttkort (wetcard) certificate on completion.
- Includes paddling kit hire - kayak, paddle, helmet, life vest, sprayskirt, drysuit and booties.
- We recommend you wear a woollen base layer (under-tøy) and bring a towel.
- Transport not included. Parking available at the course location.
- Feel free to camp beside the river at the course location or you can go home and return again for 10am the next morning.